Hormone replacement therapies help men and women find relief as they age and go through the transitions associated with aging (i.e. menopause and andropause). Traditionally, synthetic hormones have been used as treatment, but an alternative has emerged.
Bioidentical hormones are identical to those produced by the human body, derived from plant tissues, and engineered to match those hormones created by our own body. These hormones are then processed into pellets, which are simple and easy to take.
Benefits of Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy:
- Improved bone density and decreased risk of osteoporosis
- Decreased hot flashes
- Decreased risk of endometrial and breast cancer
- Improved cholesterol levels
- Decreased loss of muscle mass/ increased strength
- Enhanced libido
- Decreased risk of depression
- Decreased risk of Alzheimer’s Disease
- Improved sleep
- Improved concentration and mood
Side effects of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy are rare, and in fact, many doctors suggest there are fewer adverse reactions with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy as opposed to conventional synthetic hormone replacement therapy. Each bioidentical hormone prescription is custom-compounded, based on each patient’s individual diagnostic results.
For more information, please contact us today to set up a consultation with Patricia Jacobson, APNP FNP.