Yes, we can test for COVID-19. An appointment is required if you want a test. The tests we can perform are noted below.
- COVID-19 PCR Swab (72 hour results)
- COVID-19 Antigen Swab (15 minute results)
- COVID-19 Antibody Test (15 minute results)
We will be unable to provide COVID-19 vaccines due to strict storage and administration requirements that our small facility cannot meet. Footprints patients that are eligible and want to receive the vaccine will need to schedule with the public health department in their county of residence or visit a provider that offers the vaccine.
You do not need to wear a mask if you are feeling healthy and well. If you are sick, please contact us before your appointment for guidance.
You may bring visitors (including children) as long as they are feeling healthy and well. Please do not bring any sick individuals with you to your appointment.
No, we do not currently require a COVID-19 test for laboring women. In the event of a transfer, the receiving facility may require a test upon admission.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to the virus. Coronavirus is spread mainly from person-to-person who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) or through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
- Clean your hands often with soap and warm water or hand sanitizing gel
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay at home if you are sick
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or your arm
- Wear a face mask if you are sick
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Avoid non-essential travel
You can support your immune system by following our suggestions below. We’d also be happy to discuss your wellness goals in detail with you.
- Ensure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Get an adequate amount of sleep every night.
- Eat a healthy diet, and avoid heavily processed foods.
- Consider taking immunity boosting supplements such as Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc, Quercetin, and N-Acetyl-L-Cystine.
Footprints in Time will remain open to provide family practice services and midwifery care. We are taking the following additional precautions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
- Allowing for social distancing by spacing out appointments and limiting your time spent in the lobby is a long-standing policy of ours that we will continue to practice.
- Our staff are taking necessary precautions to prevent themselves from getting sick.
- We have increased our disinfection practices beyond our normal requirements.
If you are still concerned about coming to your appointment, we have various accommodations to offer including telehealth.